Saturday, May 28, 2011

More about Birthdays!

This is the most important birthday post thought - because it's about me! *snort* No, really.

I haven't had a lot of either sew or update in the last week due to the birthday month that is May. This 'round of birthdays includes my own AND my daughters, both on the same day - today! My sister is up from Tasmania which puts a dint in the sewing time while I spend some much missed time with her, however I couldn't let the day go without sewing Eva something. I've been dying to make myself a skirt but I decided to do as Mythbusters does and small-scale test first and after finding a Minnie Mouse skirt for Eva I knew I had the best material sitting in my stash for a matching skirt.

I made her a tiered skirt, there are a few tutes around but I liked the no-nonsense of the indietutes skirt. Worked perfectly (if not for a bit of swearing when I was trying to spread out the gathers a bit more) and I'm very much in love with it! I can't wait to get my hands on some material to make me one too!




Now, to be honest it's probably a bit too long to be a 2 year old's skirt, and I know the top tier is a weeny bit bigger than it should be, but it was very sweet. It's very much the kind of skirt that I'm always in.. And Eva loves it so that's that!

Here's a photo to show the length (although it'd slipped down a bit) with Poppy (My dad) I haven't perfected the art of finding a nice place and snapping until I get a beautiful, flawless photo ;) Or maybe she has perfected the art of being a 2 year old and not standing still for a photo?
Happy Birthday, Moo.

1 comment: