Thursday, June 2, 2011

More Tiered Skirts (In fact more birthdays!)

Yes, another birthday! Today marks another little girl turning two - my family day carer's daughter's birthday. Following the success of Eva's much loved skirt (and more success following it not falling to bits in the washing machine and tumble drier!) I decided to make Dee-Dee a little tiered skirt too! Eva eventually understood and resigned herself to the fact that it wasn't going to be hers, but as soon as it was time to get dressed this morning she pulled out her birthday skirt so she would be wearing the same thing. Suited me fine because it meant I could get another couple of photos!

Dee-Dee's skirt is a little more consistent in terms of tier sizes, especially the top tier, and I love the fabric and it really suited her skin tone. I lessened the tension on the machine to make the gathers a little less tight (Thanks for the tip, Oma! Or I was meant to lessen the stitch length? eek!) so that helped in that I didn't need to swear quite so much when I was doing it.


It's so very cute, I think I'll be making a few more! hee! There -was- going to be a matching headband, but time and patience were growing short.. maybe next time!

We've been commenting on how tall it makes them both look!

Hanging out to find the perfect fabric to make myself one!

No comments:

Post a Comment