Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Babies and Big Sisters!

How exciting! A babe has been born! Wendy & Jim welcomed their newest daughter, Kate, to the family! Tonight I get to go and hold her and squish her and sniff her! Oh, I cannot wait! I'm so incredibly clucky and I'm so glad that one of my dear friends is on that delicious baby-moon right now!

Of course I had to sew something for the new baby, but what? I've lamented on this for a few days. I made a tagged, stuffed letter K... but that was a fail - Ks are a bit weird and it just wasn't up to scratch! This morning I took 15 minutes to make a tagged triangle instead, to make it just a little bit different I cut some of the backing fabric (fleece) and put it to the front, and put the front (corduroy) to the back.. it looks good, just that little bit funky, one might say? :)

I also saw on Prudent Baby the DIY Baby Shoes from jeans. Instead of jeans I used the same fabric as the tagged triangle - cutting one lot of tops out of the corduroy. So cute! I almost want to make these in my size. (Okay, so there's no almost about it) They turned out alright - The heel seems a bit big, possibly with my lack of properly measuring the elastic tube or maybe just using the fleece instead of the denim. Either way it's a nice gift for the new little bubba!

Not to forget the other children of the family, not only was a baby sister born, but a big sister and a biggest sister! I used Jan's tutorial for a Kid Sling to make a ring sling for the new big girls.
Here's my fantastic little boy, Cobey, modeling a sling, he wants to know if I can make him one now - (he models along with his rag doll, Billy - who he begged me to make and now sleeps with every night, bless)
(Don't mind the mess!)

I had best be off to wrap these gifts now before visiting the newly expanded family tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment