Saturday, May 21, 2011

Warm Feet.

They say "Cold Hands, Warm Heart." - what do they say about feet? My feet have been cold of late, not in a nervous kind of way, but in a.. well it's just about winter kind of way. Normally every winter I have a 'thing' where I go out and buy myself the fluffiest slippers I can, but this year I came upon (yet another) Prudent Baby tute, this one for me - for slipper-socks!
I'd love to tell you how long it took me, I really would, but I've mentioned in another post - I can be a bit all over the place, I sat down to cut out the pattern while watching An Idiot Abroad and managed two episodes before I sat down at the sewing machine, and then I did that in bits and pieces. I really should commit to sitting down and doing something in one go! They really didn't take me very long though, and I'm quite pleased with the fit.

I didn't use the 'Jiffy' on the bottom, mainly because I don't know what it was and I hadn't had a chance to get to Spotlight or Lincraft and find what it was - when I received all the material from the co-worker there was a lot of curtaining.. so I used that for the sole, I figured it might be a bit heavier duty than anything else I had. I used an old polar fleece cot blanket for the soft inner and the fun spots for the outer! :D All in all these babies cost me $1.15, as that's what the inner-soles cost!
Much fun, and very nice and warm to wear! I might have to try them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment