Sunday, May 1, 2011

A short journey..

I was going to make a long, boring post with all the things I've been making for the last 6 months. I got halfway through that when I thought "As if, how boring." So I decided to, instead, do some links of some of my favourites that I've done and later I'll blog ones that are on my 'to do' list. I'll get a bit more involved in a few more projects I really like!

The second thing I sewed, and one of my favourites, is the beautiful Button Shirt to Toddler Dress (you'll see a theme, I love an upcycle/repurpose!) I sewed it for my daughter (Eva, she's almost 2 - in fact so close to 2 both her and I could burst!) however made it a bit big! That's okay, It'll last until next year, actually that reminds me - I should zig-zag the seams, it's only been recently that I've been told I should do that! Anyway, I loved doing that, I used a horribly ugly shirt my husband had bought for an Old Foogie themed party - it made a very cute dress!

Recently I had a friend have her baby baptised so I wanted to make her something special. I took some inspiration from the Softies book and made her a Polly and a Tag Blanket - this was slightly nerve wracking but in the end I loved it - it was the first thing I'd made for someone other than my own kids! Also for that occasion I made Eva a "church length" dress - I was quite chuffed with this one because I didn't use a pattern, a tute nor a sew-along! :D That one's even lasted a couple of wears and a few trips in the washing machine! Quite proud of that one!

Back to repurposing, one of my more recent efforts had me sewing one of my Father-in-Law's polo shirts into a Cobey sized polo shirt. I love this one! He's worn it a few times, it just fits so nicely and WORKS! I used this tute and loved it. I'm definitely about to dive into The Husband's wardrobe and pull out some more polos! The times he's worn it no one's asked if I made it - which I find a huge compliment, it's not until I tell them or show them the photos that they go "WOW!" :D

I have a few other projects on the go at the moment, I won't post them just yet as they're mostly gifts (Yes! I'm branching out doing more for others!) and while I'm not going public with this blog just yet, if they find it I'll be gutted.

No comments:

Post a Comment