Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sweater Dress II

I mentioned in the last post about how much I love repurposing. One of the favourite repurposing tutorials I've found in my travels is The Sweater Dress on Nap Time Crafters.

Now, I don't have a lot of sweaters, I'm more of a hoodies kinda gal, so this one involves me heading into Op Shops and keeping an eye out for sweaters I could use.

I've done it once before and it turned out really cute, albeit a bit big (it fit Cobey - and he's 3 years older... so, yanno) but I was keen to try it again and yesterday - while the boys went to the car races - we girls went to the shops and I lay my eyes on a turtleneck jumper with a small neck.
Cute Bed Socks Too ^^

It didn't take long to do this one. As the last one I did was a bit too big, I just lay it over the top and traced the outline - without leaving a seam allowance (which I probably did too big last time) which would mean, in theory, it'd be smaller.

And my theory worked! One cute, stripey, wintery dress, ready for my wee Moo to strut her stuff in!

On Nap Time Crafters she also offers a tute on how to turn a turtleneck into a cowl neck - but I liked this one the way it was. :)


Great dress to be wearing on a cold day like today!

1 comment:

  1. Have I mentioned how much I love this dress on her?? I do. I love it.

    ReplyDelete