Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm Back. And so is my SewJo.

Hello blog, bloggers, bloggees and bloggerverse,

I'm back! :D Are you excited? I am! It's been a long few months and a lot of stuff has happened since I last dusted off the sewing machine and sat down at the table.

Firstly, we moved house! That's a bit exciting, it does, however, mean a little less space so I wasn't able to set up my sewing machine straight away. There IS a room outside which will be perfect for the machine and I... but that's going to take a bit of setting up.

Secondly, I have finished my Diploma course. This is what ruined my SewJo in the first place. Rassenfrassen braincells being stripped for some piece of paper. But the close of study for the course is Monday next week and I'm waiting, patiently, for my final assignment to be marked. Confident that I've passed that one.

Thirdly, I've lost a bit of weight. This is actually important because firstly I'm super proud of myself, and secondly it relates directly to what I've sewn today.

And here it is.
I have a skirt. This skirt, I'm pretty sure, can be found in hundreds of photos of me (if I had allowed photos to be taken) I liked it, it was versatile and comfortable. I had it for years. But then something happened, my "Thirdly" - I lost weight. I lost so much weight that it made wearing my favourite skirt impossible. Sad, I know. I thought about what I could do - Could I just take it in? Well the hem WAS all tatty, yes I could fix that.. but I didn't know if taking it in would even work. Could I just eat enough Big Macs to put back on the weight I lost? Yes, yes I could.. but will I? Probably not, I am enjoying being less... big. Could I keep it in my drawer until I found motivation to do something? Absolutely.
And that motivation came to me today in the form of a Pin. A French woman's blogged post, with a skirt repurpose was pinned and so I repinned, as you do, and then I wondered - did I need a wool skirt or is this what I can do with my favourite skirt?

Dodgy photo of The Skirt


So this afternoon my husband cleared a desk and I went to the wardrobe and pulled out my sewing machine, beautiful shiny machine she is, within an hour and a half I'd sewed, unpicked and hemmed the armholes and neckholes - I had a pretty little top :D

I was never good at posing for photos...
And I really do like it :D It's comfortable and, maybe it could be versatile ;) Just as it was! And it was easy peasy.
I'll have to keep and eye our for woolen skirts when I next am on the hunt for things to repurpose, because I'd LOVE a more flowy, wintery number.

I'm going to do a lot more repurposing, I've decided. It's something I really enjoy and I am LOVING doing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment